May records (LOGS) required by the FMCSRs be maintained in an electronic format?

Yes, provided the motor carrier can produce the information required by the regulations. Documents requiring a signature must be capable of replication (i.e., photocopy, facsimile, etc.) in such form that will provide an opportunity for signature verification upon demand. If computer records are used, all of the relevant data on the original documents must be included in order for the record to be valid.

Preparing Driver Logs in duplicate?

Although 49 CFR 395.8(a)(1) states, ``Every driver who operates a commercial motor vehicle [in interstate commerce] shall record his/her duty status, in duplicate, for each 24-hour period,'' the intent of the requirement may be fulfilled through the electronic submission of a scanned image of the original handwritten RODS to the regular employing motor carrier within 13 days following the completion of the form, while the driver retains the original records for the current day and the previous 7 consecutive days.

Because existing regulations concerning the preservation of records (49 CFR 390.31) allow motor carriers to store electronically a scanned image of the original handwritten RODS submitted by drivers and essentially dispose of the original paper document, there is no adverse impact on the enforcement of the HOS regulations, and subsequently no compromise on the application of the safety requirement by allowing the driver to submit a scanned image of the original signed RODS to the regular employing motor carrier within 13 days of the completion of the record. Motor carriers must maintain the scanned image of the signed RODS and all supporting documents for each driver for a period of six months from the date of receipt (49 CFR 395.8(k)).

2012 Unified Carrier Registration

UCR Fees 2012


If you operate a truck or bus in interstate or international commerce the federal Unified Carrier Registration Agreement (UCR) applies to your business.


The UCR requires individuals and companies that operate commercial motor vehicles in interstate or international commerce to register their business with New Mexico and pay an annual fee based on the size of their fleet. The revenues generated will be used for enforcement of motor carrier safety programs. Motor private carriers of passengers only are not required to register and pay fees under the UCR.


You must register for calendar year 2012 by February 1, 2012, in order to be in compliance with this filing requirement.


For purposes of determining fees, a “commercial motor vehicle” is defined as a self-propelled vehicle used on the highways in commerce principally to transport passengers or cargo, if the vehicle:


       (a) has a GVWR or GVW of 10,001 pounds or more;
       (b) is designed to transport 11 or more passengers, including the driver; or
       (c) is used in transporting hazardous materials in a quantity requiring placarding.


Fleet Size Fee
Per Company
From To
0 2 $76.00
3 5 $227.00
21 100 $1,576.00
101 1000 $7,511.00
1001 Above $73,346.00

<< Start < Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 Next > End >>

Page 3 of 10


Can I work more than 14 hours each day?

Who's Online

We have 6 guests online


Featured Links:
NM Tax ID Permits
New Mexico Tax ID Permits - AKA - NM Weight Distance Permits
Online DQF
Online Driver Qualification Files and Vehicle files made easy.